2012-2013 Active FIMRC Chapter
Vice President of Communications
Vice President of External
Vice President of Internal
Vice President of Finance
Vice President of Promotions
Director of Community Services
- Chapter members volunteered at the Old Brewery Mission, a local soup kitchen. Members went twice throughout the semester, bringing 20 members to help each time. Further, in March, club members gathered to prepare meal packages for the homeless around downtown Montreal. Each package contained a sandwich, juice box, and an apple.
- In March, the Chapter auctioned off an online MCAT course, provided by Kaplan. The auction was advertised online and around campus. Students participated in the auction by bidding online, and a total of $1,100 was raised from their efforts!
- In an end of the year Benefit, McGill students organized a club night at Tokyo Club. Twenty tickets were sold, and $100 was raised!
- Participated in “Activities Night” in which a poster was put together by the executive board members to be displayed on activities night to attract membership signups, approximately 120 students signed up for membership
- Set up a Costa Rica volunteer trip for May 1-7, approximately 30 students showed up for the information session and 3 students ultimately went on the trip.
- Planned a “Club Night – Glow After Dark at Light Ultra Club” and was heavily advertised, fundraising about $400 to be used towards further club expenses and event plans
- Held a “Samosa Sale”, in which 200 samosas were sold and approximately $100 were raised to be put towards further club expenses and event plans